Huawei mobile services have recently launched their HMS core, housing more than 20 capabilities. These capabilities run between the operating system that has over the years evolved as the most popular operating system — Android OS. The HMS core has components with multi-functional interfaces that can be used by developers to integrate proper functions in development.
Overview of the Huawei Mobile Services Core
HMS is a mobile service framework that has equipped developers with several capabilities to integrate various functions in apps. Various services are provided to be incorporated into the individual developer’s user ID. Once Device ID and payment are verified, developers have access to all Huawei services with core capabilities including Huawei Site kit, health kit, Video kit, wallet kit, etc. with several other functional requirements integrated into each kit.
- Huawei Health Kit:This often shortened for health kit grants applications access to fitness and user’s health data as captured per Huawei ID. This is implemented into applications to give users health-related guidance based on data provided.
- Huawei Video Kit:Although this is still very much in its evolving stage, the present version offers video playback capability hereby helping developers build video services to aid user video experience.
- Huawei Site Kit:This provides both Android and Web application users with easy and reliable access to various location-based services. The Site Kit will be discussed exclusively stating its functions and capabilities:
The Huawei Mobile Service Site Kit
The Huawei Site Kit is one of the core services as discussed above and this is a location-based feature. With the integration of the kit in an application, users can get suggestions of regions, names of provinces, get details of current device location, and learn area specifics facts. The major capabilities built into this kit grants users the convenient ways to explore the world and they include:
- Place Detail Search:End users can get details about a particular location with a simple query.
- Place Search Suggestion:When this is implemented in an application, users can get autocomplete suggestions for searches and returns a list of possible areas based on one’s input.
- Nearby Place Search:With this functionality, depending on one’s current location, end users can get a list of places close to their current location, select and view detailed information of important places in such an area.
- Keyword Search:This is particularly suitable for tourists. With this, users can search for areas or places and get a detailed list and information of such area. Keyword search result here mostly includes educational institutions, tourist centers, etc.
These are the major capabilities incorporated in the HMS Sitekit. As illustrated above, it is evident that this functionality gives users easy and reliable access to location-based services and information.
Are there any restrictions?
Well, it is often expected that certain restrictions will be given on features, for the Huawei site kit, the major restriction is on the type of OS supported. It does not support the Android device of APK version 4.0.3 or later.
This service must be incorporated into the operating system of devices to be made available. The HMS Sitekit website can be checked to read updates about these services and how it can be implemented.