Paintings and wall art have recently become very popular home decoration options. Because they are unique, they come in a wide range of styles, colors, and sizes, and they are also beautiful. Most people think that choosing the best wall art is the hardest step. However, hanging art is also not a walk in the park. In this post, we look at supplies for hanging wall art.
Supplies you need when hanging home decoration art
When planning to hang artwork on your walls, the first thing you should do is to collect the necessary supplies. This comes after you have already chosen the best pieces of art for your home decorations. The supplies you choose depend significantly on how you plan to hang the wall art and their weight. The types of walls in your house may also influence the kind of supplies and hanging style you use. Regardless, you will need things like;
- Measuring tape– when choosing the best piece of art for your home, one of the first things most people consider is the size of the painting. Well, you also need a tape measure to take measurements of the location where you want to hang the piece of art. This tool will help determine the ideal spot for wall art.
- Pencil-in addition to a tape measure, you will need a pencil. This tool aims to help you make markings on the wall when you are taking measurements. Ensure it is an erasable pencil because you do not want to mark your walls or damage them permanently.
- Nails or hooks– you will need supplies to help you get the wall art in place. Most of the time, nails will do the trick if you are dealing with a heavy piece of art. However, if you are dealing with a light or medium weight piece of art, picture hanging hooks may be ideal. Either way, it would be wise if you had both tools to choose whichever works best.
- Hammer– naturally, where there are nails, the hammer is automatically needed. However, you do not need a heavy construction hammer that may damage your wall’s home decorationwhen you use it.
- Screwdriver or drill– depending on the style you intend to hang the painting, you may also need a screwdriver or drill. These tools will help make sure that your artwork is correctly installed so that you never have to worry about it coming off the wall or moving out of place.
- Wall anchors are other essential tools to help you plant the pieces of art safely onto your wall. Note that the market is packed with a wide range of wall anchors you may have to choose from. Therefore, if you do not know precisely what you are looking for, the best thing would be to seek professional assistance.
The task of hanging wall art as home decorations is simple. This means that you can do it on your own without any external assistance. However, it may become an issue if the piece of art is either too large or heavy and working with delicate walls. In such a case, the wiser thing to do would be to seek professional help.